Dennis Group Atlanta
Food Safety and Sanitary Design Specialist
About the Job
This role will be expected to develop and maintain a Food Safety and Sanitary Design Program. This Program will be the basis for employee training, as well as evaluation of project designs to ensure sanitary practices are incorporated by the engineering and architectural team.
- Support projects to ensure regulatory compliance with US and international projects
- Support projects to ensure compliance with recognized GFSI schemes
- Update and maintain a food safety resource center
- Update and maintain internal food safety training for new employee on-boarding and existing employee education
- Perform “Food Safety Design Audits” for food and beverage facility capital projects in both the design and construction phases. The audits will include consultation with project managers, multi-discipline design audit and travel to project jobsites during construction.
- Develop, organize, and maintain a “Sanitary Design Standard” data base
- Review and approval of sanitary details related to hygienic facility design
- Review and approval of equipment design specifications to comply with our “Sanitary Design Standards”
- Develop and provide food safety services including food safety plan, HACCP plan, sanitation SOP development and SQF consultation.
Candidates must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Degree in Food Sciences and Technologies or Food Engineering (candidates without a minimum of a Bachelors’ degree will not be considered)
- SQF (consultant preferred)
- PCQI for human and animal food
- Understanding of applicable codes and standards as they apply to the food and beverage industry:
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), “Titles 9 & 21”
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO)
- GFSI recognized schemes (SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000 etc.)
- American Institute of Baking (AIB)
- Sanitary Design of Equipment (3-A)
- Ability to collect, organize, and analyze food safety related documentation
- Ability to review and understand engineering drawings and specifications. Fundamental understanding of AutoCAD preferred.
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 50%.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- 3+ years of experience and/or internship(s) in a food manufacturing setting
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and 401(k) plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.